I set up a chair, camera ready, coffee in the cup holder. Minutes after the race began, the leaders of the pack were making their way by. I kept a look out for KMHD & Mayumi. Finally, I see KMHD, but no Mayumi. I look at the runners that have already passed me and all I see is Mayumi's tail end. This is the only photo I got of her running:


She's the one in the middle, in black, the only runner with pants on. I was so annoyed with myself for not having seen her before she passed me!
KMHD, she spotted me before I saw her, I think. She was waving at me from as far as two blocks, it was quite cute.


I'm so proud! Here is Mayumi (who won 5th in her division) & KMHD (who won 1st in style, IMO):


The rest of the day was spent lazily, eating, watching t.v., enjoying the A/C. Really, the next day was spent like that, too. Holiday weekend, right?
Today, Labor Day, we're going to have some folks over. The usual suspects. But, instead of grillin', me & ATM are going to fry up some fish & chips! I. can't. wait. Served up in newspaper with malt vinegar! Mmmm.
I guess I need to get started with the gettin' ready.
Hats off, to all you hard workin' people!
1 comment:
Thanks for the style points. I was really just trying to cover something up.
Post a Comment